Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkey Pretzel Cups

DSC07118 DSC07119

These were fun treats to make today. And simple too. Candy coated pretzel rods make a colorful (and tasty!) feather display in these cute turkey cups.

DSC07110

  • Make a turkey cup
    1. Cut out a brown paper turkey head (or skip this step and buy brown paper cups!)
    2. Glue on googly eyes
    3. Cut out and add a beak and waddle (that little red thing hanging down) Smile My kids cut out their own and I love how different they look!
    4. Use clear packing tape to attach your turkey head to the cup.

DSC07115

  • Dip the turkey feathers
    1. I used red, orange and yellow candy melts (found mine at Joann on sale for $2-something). Melt according to directions in separate bowls.
    2. Use the long pretzel rods.
      • TIP: They were a little too long and kept tipping the cups over, so I broke them in half before dipping.
    3. Dip the pretzels and cool on wax paper.

Fill your turkey cup with several colorful pretzel feathers. A fast, easy, and tasty decoration for your Thanksgiving table!

DSC07116DSC07124

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love it...we will be making these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know you can get the pretzel rods at Dollar Tree? I was happy to run into them there! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Feel free to leave a link if you've done any of these activities with your kids. I'd love to visit your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...